for HS Students
At IvyWise, our process and methodology empower students to achieve their personal and academic goals throughout high school, the college admissions process, and beyond. This includes offering a range of services that extend beyond the broad umbrella of admissions consulting to a variety of specialty areas. In addition to general counseling and tutoring services, we also offer targeted specialty services geared towards applicants who have specific admissions needs or requirements, including athletic recruitment, deferral or gap-year advising, learning differences, and more.
- Assess athletic goals
- Explain the role athletics will play in the admissions process
- Interview you and your student to clarify needs and goals
- Evaluate the student’s competitive athletics history by reviewing videotapes
- Analyze performance statistics
- Observe the student’s playing skills first-hand (depending on location)
- Solicit coach evaluations
- Match the student with the appropriate athletics level (Division I, II, or III)
- Guide the student in preparing the athletics resume and highlight reel
- Guide the student in obtaining letters of recommendation
- Discuss college options after acceptances are received
- We provide information, checklists, and reminders to keep your student on track.
- Your student’s counselor will also stay in constant communication with your family, providing you with a recap of each IvyWise session so that you are always informed.
- Your family will have access to our Client Relations Manager, who will work closely with your family toanswer any questions you may have and will supplement the support your child receives from his or her counselor.