Admission to college can be very competitive. At IvyWise, we offer services to help families navigate the selective college admissions process.
IvyWise can help you get into your best-fit college
IvyWise has been in business for over 20 years and our team has over 150 years of combined experience. We help students get into their best-fit colleges through our proven methodology. In 2018, 91% of IvyWise students gained admission into one or more of their three top-choice schools.
What is College Counseling?
In your student’s IvyWise program, your counselor will work with your student to:
- Refine coursework plans, testing schedules, and extracurricular activities
- Research appropriate colleges and develop a balanced list of colleges based on your student’s needs and desires
- Facilitate or improve teacher relationships, and ultimately select teachers for letters of recommendation
- Identify and recommend extracurricular and summer activities, as well as internship opportunities
- Plan for and prioritize college visits, including preparing for college interviews
- Keep your student on task to complete all components of the college application
- Brainstorm and provide feedback on personal statements and essays
- Evaluate offers of admission as well as develop a strategy for waitlist and deferral decisions
IvyWise College Counseling Services
At IvyWise, our programs are tailored to fit each student, no matter what stage of the college admission process they are in – or where they live.
The IvyWise Initial Consultation is the first step on your student’s path to a successful application process. To prepare for this consultation, we ask that you provide us with all the information about your student that will be considered in his or her admission process – including transcripts, test scores, resume, interests, activities, experiences, etc. Prior to your consultation, our research team spends hours in collaboration with your counselor as they review your student’s profile and create a customized strategic plan that your student can implement to optimize his or her admissions process and outcomes.
Your family will then meet with the expert IvyWise counselor of your choice who, having had direct experience in the admissions office of a competitive US university for years, will explain the holistic admission process and provide comprehensive feedback on how your student’s applicant profile fits into the college admissions rubric. Within the consultation, your counselor will provide advice on course selection, extracurricular initiatives, summer programs, standardized testing goals, and, depending on class year, even preliminary advice on best-fit colleges for your student.
Following the consultation, your counselor will present a full report of his or her advice, including a recommendation for the ongoing IvyWise services that best support your student in reaching his or her personal, academic, and admissions goals.
As part of the Initial Consultation, students may also participate in a 30-minute online tutoring demo with an IvyWise tutor. Students may take our practice tests and benefit from specific expert feedback on whether they are better suited for the SAT or ACT, as well as an assessment on the areas they should strengthen as they prepare for their standardized tests.
Comprehensive College Counseling Programs
Whether you’re entering your freshman year with an eye towards college admissions, or just starting the process junior year, IvyWise offers comprehensive, individually tailored programs to help guide you throughout the entire admissions process.
College Counseling Programs for Seniors or Transfer Students
IvyWise offers comprehensive, albeit fast-track senior programs, in addition to short-term options that give you targeted counseling. Whether you need full college application support, focusing on an application to your top-choice school, or you want insight for a specific school where one of our counselors has had direct admissions experience, we have options to suit your needs.
- Review your student’s application and provide feedback on factors that may have prevented admission in the early or regular round.
- Provide step-by-step guidance on the best plan of action, including helping your student draft a deferral or waitlist letter expressing his or her continued interest in being admitted to that school’s freshman class.
- Help your student evaluate any other acceptances and choose the school best suited to his or her needs.
- Discuss alternative options if your student is having second thoughts about his or her top-choice school.
- Determine whether transferring is the best option to help you reach your goals
- Identify what you are seeking from your undergraduate experience
- Discover the schools that will be a good fit for you to transfer into
- Apply to the schools, including guidance with the resume, essays, and more
Specialty Counseling Services
In addition to guiding students in all stages of their academic life, IvyWise offers experts to help with most any niche request, including athletic recruiting, development, counseling for students with learning differences, and more. Read More
IvyWise provides individual tutoring in all academic subject areas, from math and sciences to language and literature, as well as test prep for college entrance exams, AP and IB exams, and more. IvyWise tutoring is seamlessly integrated into your college counseling program, allowing students to reach their academic goals. Read More