When do we collect information?
We collect information that you provide us, from third parties, and automatically when you use our Site. We collect information associated with your device using cookies and similar technologies. We may also receive information about your location.
What personal information do we collect from the people that visit our website?
When requesting information or materials on out website, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your details in order to help you with your experience. This can include email, location, graduation year, name, age, and more. The type of personal information we collect includes:
- Information You Provide Us: We collect information that you provide us, including your account and profile information, content you submit or post to our blog, your purchase information, your communications, and information you provide to us as part of surveys.
- Account Information.When you create an account on our Site, we collect information you provide us, like your name, email address, interests, gender, age, and profile information.
- Communications:When you communicate with us (via email, phone, through our websites, or otherwise), we store a copy of your communications.
- Automatically Collected Information: We collect information about your use of our websites, including the pages you view and the date and time of your visit. We also collect information that your device provides to us in connection with your use of our websites, such as your browser type, type of device, browser language, IP address, mobile carrier, unique device identifier, location, and requested and referring URLs.
- Location Information: We will receive your device’s location if you enable this through your browser or mobile device. We may infer your general location from your IP address. You may also choose to provide us your location information by inputting this information in our website, including in your account or when you fill out a form on our website.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you visit our Site or submit your information in a form on our website in the following ways:
- Send targeted communications via email about our services, timely industry information, and more.
- Analyze Site use, improvements, and more
- Serve advertisements on third-party sites and to evaluate the success of those advertisements.
We also use the information collected to personalize our Site and to communicate with you both on and off our Site about our services and relevant industry information. The ways in which we do this can include:
- Improving the Site’s functionality; processing, storing, and delivering your communications
- Evaluating how you use our Site and how we can improve and develop new products and services for business purposes
- Personalizing your experience on the Site, including tailoring the content and information available
- Displaying relevant advertising on third-party sites and evaluating the effectiveness of that advertising
- Performing analysis for our business purposes
If there is any use of your information that does not meet any of the aforementioned uses, you will be notified in advance so that you may opt out of those uses if you wish.
Communicating as part of our services after you submit your information utilizing a form on our Site, or you register for an account, it an essential part of our services. Communications can be received via email or through our Site. Communications can include information about your account, privacy, tailored information, interactions with content like posting in the comments section of the blog and someone responding, and more. We also communicate applicable offers, tips, advice, and similar information, in accordance with applicable email communication laws. We also send account communications, including notices to complete your profile, notifications of upcoming appointment and deadlines, and other notices that facilitate the services provided by IvyWise that you have opted in to. You can change your communication preferences at any time, by clicking the “unsubscribe” or “update email preferences” links at the bottom of any communications, or by contacting us using the Contact Us information at the bottom of this page.
Do we share your information?
We do not rent or sell your personal contact information (such as your email address) to third parties to use for their own marketing purposes.
How do we protect your information?
Our website is scanned on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities in order to make your visit to our site as safe as possible. We use regular Malware Scanning. Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology. We implement a variety of security measures when a user enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information. All transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers.
Your personal information will be stored only for as long as needed in order to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected in the first place. If the law permits or requires us to keep your personal information for a longer period of time we can and will comply. Personal data may be kept in order to improve quality of the Site, defend or inform future legal claims, or continue to service the account if requested.
Data Deletion and Retention
If you wish to deactivate your account or delete any of the personal information provided to us previously, you can contact us using the Contact Us section below. When your account is deleted it will no longer be viewable. You also have the right to request permanent deletion of your account and all associated data.
Do we use ‘cookies’?
- Understand and save user’s preferences for future visits.
- Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions in order to offer better site experiences and tools in the future.
We may also use trusted third-party services that track this information on our behalf.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Since browser is a little different, look at your browser’s Help Menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
If you turn cookies off, some features will be disabled. It won’t affect the user’s experience, however, the features that make the Site experience more efficient may not function properly.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your Personally Identifiable Information unless we provide users with advance notice. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or serving our users, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release information when it’s release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
This Site works with analytics service providers, as well as advertising providers, that may have access to device information, but they are unable to access other data including your name, email, or other personal information unless you choose to provide them with this information on your own.
This Site may provide links or references to third party sites. Our Site may include third-party social media features and other third-party plug-ins and widgets. IvyWise is not responsible for the content or privacy practices of these sites. IvyWise shall not be responsible for any damages or injuries arising from your use of these sites and these links do not serve as an endorsement or affiliation between the site and IvyWise. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites.
Google Analytics and Tracking
You can refuse the use of Google Analytics by setting preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Settings page. Alternatively, you can opt out by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative Opt Out page or by using the Google Analytics Opt Out Browser add on.
Further information concerning the terms and conditions of use and data privacy can be found at http://www.google.com/analytics/terms/gb.html or at https://www.google.de/intl/en_uk/policies/.
Google’s advertising requirements can be summed up by Google’s Advertising Principles. They are put in place to provide a positive experience for users. https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/1316548?hl=en
Hubspot Analytics and Tracking
We have implemented the following:
- Demographics and Interests Reporting
We, along with third-party vendors such as Google use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) or other third-party identifiers together to compile data regarding user interactions with ad impressions and other ad service functions as they relate to our website.
California Online Privacy Protection Act
According to CalOPPA, we agree to the following:
Can change your personal information:
- By logging in to your account or contacting us using the Contact Us section below.
How does our site handle Do Not Track signals?
We honor Do Not Track signals and Do Not Track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a Do Not Track (DNT) browser mechanism is in place.
Does our site allow third-party behavioral tracking?
It’s also important to note that we do not allow third-party behavioral tracking.
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under the age of 13 years old, the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control. The Federal Trade Commission, United States’ consumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children’s privacy and safety online. We do not specifically market to children under the age of 13 years old.
Fair Information Practices
The Fair Information Practices Principles form the backbone of privacy law in the United States and the concepts they include have played a significant role in the development of data protection laws around the globe. Understanding the Fair Information Practice Principles and how they should be implemented is critical to comply with the various privacy laws that protect personal information.
In order to be in line with Fair Information Practices we will take the following responsive action, should a data breach occur: We will notify you via email within 7 business days.
We also agree to the Individual Redress Principle which requires that individuals have the right to legally pursue enforceable rights against data collectors and processors who fail to adhere to the law. This principle requires not only that individuals have enforceable rights against data users, but also that individuals have recourse to courts or government agencies to investigate and/or prosecute non-compliance by data processors.
CAN SPAM Act
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
We collect your email address in order to:
- Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions
- Market to our mailing list or continue to send emails to our clients after the original transaction has occurred.
To be in accordance with CANSPAM, we agree to the following:
- Not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
- Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
- Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters.
- Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
- Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
- Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails or adjust your mailing list preferences, you can email us at [email protected] and we will promptly remove you from the appropriate, or all, correspondences.
EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) Protection Rights
If you are in the European Economic Area (EEA), you may have certain rights regarding your personal data, including the right to access, update, or delete your personal data. IvyWise takes comprehensive and reasonable steps to ensure that the data we collect from Site users and clients is used correctly and accurate. You have the right to object to the processing of your personal information and to ask us to stop processing your personal information or to request access to your data in order to update or delete. You also have the right to request we delete all of your personal data at any time. You also have the right to withdraw consent to store and process your personal data, even if given previously. If consent was previously given, and then withdrawn, IvyWise will not be responsible for any breach of lawfulness in regards to any data collection or processing conducted prior to the withdrawal of consent.
You have the right to opt-out of the collection of information using cookies or other tracking technology through:
- European Interactive Digital Advertising
- Network Advertising Initiative (US)
- Digital Advertising Alliance (US)
Lawful Basis of Processing
In order to process your data, we need a legal reason to use your data. If you are in the European Economic Area, our legal basis for collecting and processing your personal information can include consent with notice, performance of a contract, or legitimate interest, based on the information utilized and the context in which it was collected. legitimate interests. Please contact us using the Contact Us information below if you have any questions or concerns about the specific legal grounds in which we employ to inform our lawful basis of processing of your information.
501 Madison Ave, Suite 802
New York, NY 10022
Effective May 25, 2018