IvyWise Pro Bono Student Feature: Kaitlyn
As high school seniors across the US, and the world, await college admission decisions for the class of 2021, it’s important to remember the focus of this process at the end of the day: the student. At IvyWise we have the honor of working with some amazing students, and we’d like to take the time to feature some of them.
At IvyWise our Ivy college consultants work with a number of pro bono students every year, many of whom come to us later in the process and need significant guidance. One of our pro bono students, Kaitlyn, is an exceptional student from Missouri who came to us at the start of her junior year and needed some help preparing for junior and senior year, as well as developing an application strategy.
We caught up with Kaitlyn to learn more about her college admissions journey and what it was like to work with IvyWise during this process.
Watch her video diary below!
Here are some important college prep tips from Kaitlyn:
- Start the process early! Give yourself time to present yourself as the best candidate possible! When you put your all into everything you do, and you will get positive results.
- Do not wait until March of your junior year to take the ACT for the first time.
- Do not wait until October 1st to begin writing your essay for the November 1st deadline!
- Do not wait until the night before to prepare for your admissions interview the next day.
- Do not wait until your second semester of junior year to start worrying about your GPA.
For more information on families’ experience with IvyWise, visit our testimonials page here!
Want to learn more about what you can be doing now to prepare for the college admissions process? Download our free college planning checklist!