College Trivia and Fun Facts
Test Your College Knowledge with These Fun College Trivia Questions
If you’re a high school junior applying to college next year, chances are you’ve been on a college visit or two and have spent a considerable amount of time researching different colleges and universities. Many students who have only a limited view of what colleges are like are sometimes shocked to find out how vastly different most institutions are from one another in terms of size, campus life, academics, athletics, and more. During your research and visits it’s likely you’ve learned a lot and picked up some interesting college facts along the way! Now it’s time to put your knowledge to the test with these fun questions.
Why take a quiz on seemingly inconsequential college facts? Because each student is different and what doesn’t matter to one student may be very important to another! It’s also a great way for students who are still building their balanced college lists to be introduced to colleges they might not have heard about before. Research is a critical part of the college admissions process, so make it fun!
Maybe you’ll discover a new-to-you school that’s worth exploring, or maybe you’ll come away with a little-known tidbit about a college you already love. Either way, you’ll be able to test your knowledge of sports, celebrities, and more. You can find the answers to the questions at the bottom of this page – but no cheating!
After the quiz continue your college research by checking out these lists of colleges for STEM, business, activism, great ROI, and more!
1) This school is one of many that does not have a football team:
A) Tufts University
B) University of Vermont
C) Bates College
D) Lewis and Clark College
2) Which of these schools does not call the tiger its mascot?
A) Princeton University
B) University of Missouri
C) Clemson University
D) University of Maine
3) Prince William and Kate Middleton met at this UK university:
A) University of Oxford
B) University of Cambridge
C) University of St. Andrews
D) University of Edinburgh
4) This university currently boasts the highest tuition fee in the nation:
A) Columbia University
B) Harvard University
C) Georgetown University
D) Stanford University
5) Famous people who attended this school include Will Ferrell, Neil Armstrong, and Sophia Bush:
A) Yale University
B) University of Southern California
C) Boston College
D) Northwestern University
6) This co-ed institution was originally a women’s college:
A) Middlebury College
B) Vassar College
C) Davidson College
D) Wake Forest University
7) This school is the second-oldest college in the country:
A) Washington and Lee University
B) Brown University
C) College of William and Mary
D) University of Virginia
8) Before transferring to Columbia, President Barack Obama was enrolled at this institution:
A) The University of Hawaii
B) Occidental College
D) George Washington University
9) True or False? Vanderbilt University was named the school with the happiest students, as of a 2014-15 Princeton Review ranking.
10) True or False? Dartmouth is the youngest university in the Ivy League.
Ready to see how you did?
1) B; 2) 2; 3) C; 4) A; 5) B; 6) B; 7) C; 8) B; 9) True; 10) False
What other fun college facts do you know? Tell us in the comments below!