Are You Having a Productive Summer Break?
College Bound Students Can Use The Summer To Explore Interests and Catch Up On College Apps
We can’t stress enough the importance of a productive summer break when preparing to apply to college. While students can use the summer break to relax and recharge, they should also use some of that downtime to explore their interests, catch up on test prep and outside reading, and more.
Colleges care about what students are doing outside of the classroom, and that includes how applicants spend their summers. A productive summer – whether that includes a summer internship, job, or continuing your current extracurricular activities into the break – can go a long way toward helping you stand out in the competitive college admissions process.
The summer break is also a great time for students to catch up on other college prep activities like continuing test prep, summer reading, or getting a head start on their college application essays.
IvyWise CEO and Dr. Kat Cohen explains in the video below why planning a productive summer is important for college admissions, and highlights some summer dos and don’ts for college bound students.
Here are some additional resources to help college bound students have a productive summer:
- Juniors: How to Make the Most of Your Summer
- Summer Bucket List For Rising Seniors
- Summer Activity Planning: How to Make the Most of Your Break
- 8 Summer Reading Suggestions for High School Students
- Summer Program and Activity Ideas For Performing Arts Students
- No Summer Plans? Here’s How to Have a Productive Summer Break
- Tips to Help Students Get Started on College Essays this Summer
- Summer Activity Ideas for High School Students
- Summer College Prep Checklist for All Grades
- Summer Test Prep Checklist for Rising Juniors and Seniors
What are you doing to continue your college prep and have a productive summer break? Tell us in the comments below!